Elizabeth Alexander read her poem at the innaug. yesterday. She is very accomplished in her work.
I will set my timer for exactly 3 minutes to limit the brain damage required to pen my prose.
Excerpt from POEM #1 WHO WROTE THIS? ME or Liz?
Jax on the prairie calls - forlorn in it's golden ray? Never
a doubt. Clouds conjoin in twisted play pith and myrth
I am a part. Windmill creaks nature's heft. Star of day
leads the line. Old tractor under foot? New sky above, now
air. Rusted rich soil in the nail. I exhale the depth
of it all, the depth of growth, mother,
on your luster and bounty.
TAKE A BREAK - AND BANG YOUR HEAD AGAINST A HARD OBJECT BEFORE SUBJECTING YOURSELF TO MORE OF THIS.
Excerpt from POEM #2 WHO WROTE THIS? ME or Liz?
Did you tea-dance that day? Write poems
in the sunlight? Vamp with strangers? There is
sun under your skin like the gold Sula
found beneath Ajax's black. I calibrate
the weight of your beautiful bones, the weight
of your elbow, Melvin,
on Darrell's brown shoulder.
So, now that you have read two poems - one written by a genius and one by a novice mocking a genius - cast your vote in the response box below. I will unveil the true poet by Friday.
It took me 3 minutes and 15 seconds - by the way......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
They are both awful! Honey, you are a horrible poet...and so is she...or do I just not understand the "art"?
I will say it...The King has NO clothes!
Post a Comment